Hypnotherapy by the Bay
Janis KC Jarvis MA MHt CRtII
Bridging the Body, Mind and Spirit
Crystal Bowl Persuasion
#4 Pointless Forest Trail
Annapolis, MD 21409
Hello! I am so glad you finally found me!!
I invite you to review my website and if you find it intriguing, contact me NOW!
(phone, email, "contact us", or text)
First, let me tell you a little bit about hypnosis and "crystal bowl persuasion".
Crystal Bowl Persuasion.To my knowledge, I am the only hypnotist using crystal alchemy singing bowls to create a pathway to change in conjunction with powerful hypnosis, Reiki, and other scientifically proven effective techniques. I call this protocol "crystal bowl persuasion" as these amazing sounds persuade you to go into a trance in a particularly delightful and perhaps healing manner. I use the bowls selectively, upon request and if I feel it would be helpful.
Client-Centered. This brings me to the "client-centered" part. Hypnotherapy by the Bay, is client-centered hypnosis. It works best if you are an active participant. You will have the opportunity to choose and contribute to the hypnotic process. I welcome and encourage you to express yourself openly. Unlike old school hypnotherapy this practice is voluntary and un-authoritative.
Hypnosis. What is it good for? There are over 200 known uses for hypnosis. Here are a few:
- Increase Self Awareness-Why are you here? What's your next step?
- Control or Release bad habits: Smoking (Lifetime Guarantee), drinking, biting nails, unhelpful eating and exercising
- Improve Athletic Performance
- Improve Learning Ability and Recall
- Improve Sleep
- Relax, Create Calmness, and Eliminate Fear
- Prepare and recover from Surgery
- Pain Control
How Well Does Hypnosis Work? A survey of psychotherapy literature by Alfred A. Barrios, Ph.D. revealed the following recovery rates:
- Pschoanalysis: 38% recovery after 600 sessions
- Behavior Therapy: 72% recovery after 22 sessions
- Hypnotherapy: 93% recovery after 6 sessions
Source:American Health Magazine
Would Hypnosis be Helpful for You? Here are a few questions that might help you decide:
- Ask yourself, what would my life be like if I could finally stop doing this or that? or stop feeling those things I always feel that are holding me back or causing me pain? or What if I knew what they were?
- What if, disturbing memories no longer controlled you?
- What if, you could be free from destructive habits, that you don't know why you do, that you don't want to do, but that you do do?
- What if, you could just be free from these limitations and live a life of ease and calmness?
- Maybe you avoid things others can do with ease--like driving across a bridge, flying in an airplane or taking an elevator.
- Maybe you would like to improve your performance in sports or occupation.
- Or maybe you need help recovering from an addiction or eliminating a habit that is a life threatening or damaging.
- Or maybe you have trouble with relationships.
Hypnosis can help you create new pathways in your brain and re-design your life! What? yes, new pathways, redesign your life! By focusing your attention, and speaking directly to the subconscious, during as few as three sessions* of relaxing hypnotic trance I can help you:
- Improve performance
- Focus; calm and control your thoughts and relax anywhere at any time
- Free yourself from limiting beliefs and self sabotage
- Gain Wisdom and Direction; what is your purpose? your stumbling blocks?
- Release and re-perceive memories; heal negative residue--pain, anger, sadness, shame/guilt and limitations
*Some multifaceted complicated issues may require repeated sessions--like abuse, trauma, etc. Sometimes issues have several layers and require additional sessions to address each one.
How is Transpersonal Hypnosis Different? This is a very powerful form of hypnosis, a client-centered orientation that incorporates your personal spiritual belief system!
The National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapists (NATH) definition:
In transpersonal hypnotherapy, there is an emphasis on the innate spiritual resources within each individual, along with the assumption that the guidance of a higher power will prevail within the therapeutic relationship, synchronistically bringing those insights and experiences that lead to the client’s highest good.
Transpersonal hypnotherapy is an orientation that can best be described by defining the word, transpersonal-the crossing of mind, body, and spirit or soul. This orientation leads the practitioner into considering a broad scope of interventions that lead to mental, physical or spiritual changes and increased awareness. The transpersonal hypnotherapist allows for client and therapist to address any aspect of the relationship between the mind, body and spirit, and their effects on one another; yet, there is no religious orientation suggested, but instead an unfoldment that makes it possible for clients to explore their relationship to a universal creator and their own unique spiritual walk through human life.